Sunday lazy morning – made mini Danish Crêpes
This is my vegan crepes recipe. Only three ingredients is needed….and you have delicious vegan gluten free crêpes. You can add anything you can think e.g. vanilla or a little agave/ brown sugar to them if you’d like but plain is my favorite.
Even if you’re not vegan you’re gonna love them! These crêpes are so spongy and soft with a delicious flavor.
I’ve used Nut milk from Silk which is creamier than any of the other vegan milk out there, but you can use your favorite (I also use oat or plain almond milk sometimes). Besides, as this recipe is vegan and therefore egg & dairy free is lighter and is cholesterol-free. Yay for your health!!
- 1 and 1/2 cups gluten free flour I love Bob’s Red Mill products (200 g) (whole wheat flour is ok too)
- 1 and 1/2 to 2 cups nut milk (375-500 ml)
- A few tbsp Vegan Butter Earth Balance
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl or blender. Add 1 and 1/2 cups of milk and if it’s too thick, add more milk until you get the perfect consistency.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and lightly coated with vegan butter from earth balance if needed. You can also go without as well depending on your skillet. Pour 3-5 tablespoons of the batter, twirling it around to cover the whole bottom of the skillet.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes until the batter gets darker. Loosen the edges and flip the crêpe
- Cook 1 minute more until light brown the other side of the crepe. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Stack them on a plate and cover with another plate.
- Crepes can be stored for about 5 days in the fridge or up to 3 months in the freezer. Take them out and heat them up in your oven and they are almost like fresh made. Once cooled keep them in a sealed container.
Normally I have fresh fruits with dairy free chocolate and with fresh cut coconut. Today we just had them with dairy free chocolate and raspberry jam.